This weekend has been great. My mom had a day off work so she made the trip over. Since Kyle has to work on Saturdays, it gave us women (my mom, Paige and myself) a chance to spend some girl time together. It was awesome! We started out at the fabric store gathering the materials that I need to start on baby girl's quilt and to complete my crib mobile project. Then we went baby girl clothes shopping! It was so much fun hunting for the right little outfits and combined with the clothes we received from GiGi, we got a great start on filling her drawers and closet with 0-3 month clothes. We enjoyed lunch and then came home for a much needed nap. Thank you mom and Paige for a wonderful Saturday shopping trip!
Speaking of the crib mobile project, I think that it turned out really cute. I enjoyed hand making each little owl and of course the hedgehog. I started by cutting out the felt and piecing them together with a hand stitch and adding different design details to make each of them unique.
Then I stuffed them and added the star on each of their strings. I covered the mobile arm and added a canopy. Here are a few pictures of the finished project!
Now....onto the quilt...
No comments:
Post a Comment