Sunday, March 30, 2014

Projects and Updates

A lot has been going on around our house the past few weeks.  Kyle was off of school for spring break this past week so we were able to get a much needed project done.  Yeah!  We desodded and tilled, moved our garden, installed a raised garden bed and outlined our new garden with weed block and bricks.  It was a lot of work but it looks really good and we are happy to now feel like we have a functioning garden space.  Our last project we want to do is paint our deck and we will be ready to go for spring/summer fun!  I wish that I would have taken before and after pictures but I didn't so as soon as I get some after pictures taken, I'll get them up.  

Moving on to the more important thing in our life.....Hannah!  She is getting more active and curious every day.  Since she learned to crawl, she has been pretty much sticking to the carpeted areas of our house, mainly the living room.  Today however, she ventured onto the wood floors and figured out they are not so bad.  Now she is all over the place.  She made her way into the kitchen and of course found Lucy's water bowl.  She had a riot splashing water everywhere! She was squealing and laughing.  It was so funny.  She doesn't play like that in the tub so I was surprised to see her splashing like she was.  

She has learned a couple new things.  She is able to clap now and when you wave at her, she puts her hand up in the air to wave back.  When she has something to put over her face like a blanket or a piece of clothing, she loves playing peek a boo and covers her own face and pulls it away expecting you to play with her.  It makes me laugh. When she is in the right mood, she loves to be tickled on the neck.  I think that she is starting to understand that you kiss with your mouth because when she is crawling all over me and up in my face, she will open her mouth and smash it into my face.  Maybe I'm wrong but I like to think that she is giving me kisses.  She has started waking up two times a night again but our pediatrician said that she has 4 teeth cutting on the top so I can't blame her for waking up multiple times out of discomfort.  

We recently took a quick trip to Jerome (about an hour and a half away) to see my best friend Crystal's new baby girl get blessed and she did really well most of the trip.  We got her a new convertible car seat which sits her up a little higher so she can actually see out the window and I think that she liked it.  It was so great to see Crystal and her large family and to get to meet their new precious little one.  She is a sweetheart.  I'll finish with some various pictures and videos of Hannah.  We are not at all proud parents! ;0)


Trying to get a piece of mom's ice cream

Chewing on her froggy teether.  She loves it and I think it helps.  Thank you Grandma Rene'!

 St. Patrick's Day girl!  

Here Hannah is playing and laughing.  I took this a few weeks ago when she had a cold so pardon the snotty nose.  

I might need to explain this one a little.  We have a baby monitor that has video and audio.  One night, I woke up to Hannah playing peek a boo with herself in the middle of the night.  I couldn't help but get a video.  Then first minute or so is her playing.  The rest of the video is me still recording to see if she did anything else...which she didn't.  I guess you gotta play when you gotta play!

Playing with Lucy's toys and her scrunchy face

Here I was trying to record her without getting caught by her.  Whenever she sees the camera going, she immediately wants it so I sometimes try to record her when she doesn't realize it. 

Here she is showing off her new skill.








    

No comments:

Post a Comment